Sojourner's Place

old school fridays...best guitar or bass solos  

Posted by SjP in ,

Ah Mrs. G and Ms. Marvalus ya'll pick a good theme for this week! I'm liking this and I hope you'll like my picks!

My first place pick goes to Stanley Clark! My brother is a pretty good bass player in his own right and he says Stanley is the Best! So this one is for my Bro! And who better to pair him with but George Duke! So if you here any noise, its just me over here getting it on!




Pick number 2 is in for Ronald Isley whose birthday was earlier this week. We may have to wait a while for Ronald to return from his 3 hots and a cot...but in the meantime we can still enjoy the Isley Brothers and Ernie burning up those strings with Who's that Lady?




I have a third pick -but you have to go to YouTube to listen to it. Still can't embed Luther's music. This cut has been in my head since Tuesday, so I'm really happy that it fit in this week's theme. Given the events of this week- I think this one is certainly worth a listen! I'd really like to "contribute" this cut to Hillary Clinton dot com :>)! Oh yeah! The bass REALLY KICKS, too!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say. ~~SjP

Mrs. Grapevine and MarvalusOne are the creators of this bloggie meme

Here’s how to play: THE RULES:

1. ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE

2. OLD SCHOOL IS DEFINED AS MUSIC CREATED BEFORE 1993

3. NO OFFENSIVE WORDS ALLOWED, PLEASE USE EDITED RADIO VERSION

4. POST A VIDEO OF YOUR FAVORITE OLD SCHOOL SONG TO TAKE US BACK DOWN MEMORY LANE

5. ADD YOUR NAME TO THE MEME LIST SO THAT OTHERS CAN CHECK YOU OUT

6. HAVE FUN & DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 23, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

8 sojourners hollin' back

Love your choices!

You know, I love Luther...there is not one piece of music that he has recorded that I don't hold close to my heart...

Thank you for adding some sunshine to my day!

May 23, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Great choices.

Been absent and played catch up today.

Have a great weekend!

Danielle

May 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM

fantastic choices,

have a fab weekend hun

May 23, 2008 at 2:58 PM

I was going to post Stanley Clark, but I thought I had posted too many videos. I chose Ernie Isley too - he is mad talented, almost otherworldly.

I posted late, but my choices are up on my blog. Have a great weekend.

May 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Anonymous  

Never heard of him, but that's okay can the boy can jam. Thanks for the discovery!

May 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM

SjP - That Clark and Duke was off the chain! Good choice. I chose Ernie Isley too. come on over and see him perform Who's That Lady live.

Happy OSF!

May 24, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Much obliged all for coming threw on this OSF. This was great theme and I had much fun with my picks this week. So glad you liked them and took sometime to jam a little with me.

Mrs G - never heard of Stanley Clark? Ahhh! Now you know! :>)

HG - always room for one more when that one more includes Stanley Clark!

Danielle - I'm finding that work is interfering with my blogging and have been "absent" a tad bit, too. Glad to see you back!

F&B - glad you like my picks!

Ms Marva - Luther is always good. I'm just disappointed that I couldn't figure out how to post the presentation I created to go with the song. Given the events of the last couple of days, Its All Over is a perfect song for this week's picks and good advise to HRC.

SjP

SjP

May 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Thanks for the introduction to Stanley Clark. Good stuff!

May 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45