Sojourner's Place

old school fridays...the philly soul  

Posted by SjP in ,

This is a good theme for this week. The Philly sound is so smooth! I mean when you put Teddy and the Blue Notes (didn't forget about Harold...but you know), Spinners, Patti, Jerry, Leon, and so many others, how can anyone go wrong!

I had to go with my all time favorite Philly group and my all time favorite song by them. So I bring to you the Sylistics and urge you to "Hurry Back This Way Again" and Again! Enjoy!




Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.





Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 30, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

I never thought about all the great music that came out of Philly until this meme. Good stuff and I will make it my business to visit your site again.

May 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM

SJP you touched a tender spot in my heart with this one. My husband travels with his job and we sing this to each other whenever he leaves.
I think I'll give him a call while this song is playing in the background.

Happy OSF!

May 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Great choice!
This is such a sweet song.
This has been such a smooth theme!
Philly was just holding it down back then wasn't it?!

May 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM
Anonymous  

I forgot about this song, this is pretty tight, one of their later hits. Thanks for brining a classic out of the box.

May 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM

This song is so smooth...makes me close my eyes and start swaying!

May 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I love this song. I featured it too :)

May 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM

So glad ya'll liked my Philly Soul pick for OSF! And as the song says - Hurry Back this Way Again!

SjP

May 30, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Happy Friday to you SjP

I am checking out everyone else's old school post.

This takes me back and the memories are all good!

May 30, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Late night Friday YouTube’s videos weren’t showing up and Blogger was acting crazy this weekend!

I don't think I've heard this song by the Stylistics. However, my favorite is "You Are Everything."

Thanks for bringing me back!

June 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45