Sojourner's Place

dance with my father  

Posted by SjP in ,

Who and what I am today has been molded by who and what my Father was. While he was a first generation college graduate, I am a second generation college grad from the same university. Following in his footsteps, I have led a committed and dedicated life as an educator. Thanks to My Father, I can have a pretty good discussion on All Things Sports! And his love for track and field has been genetically passed to my oldest daughter who competes in the exact same events.

Today, had he lived, my Father would have been 79 years old. Inspite and despite all the challenges and issues that arose between my Father and I before he passed away, I loved my Daddy very much. My Father passed on Christmas Eve in 1983, and even after 24 years, I still miss him. And so, on this day, I say to "the Leaper", Happy Birthday!




Holla Back!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, May 31, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

What a beautiful tribute!

Blessings to you, SjP...

May 31, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Much obliged Ms M. Very much obliged! SjP

May 31, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Anonymous  

I just love Luther and miss his voice to this day. I hope he is resting peacefully.

May 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I love that song. I always have. Chills every time. Thank you.

May 31, 2008 at 7:45 PM

what an awesome tribute to your dad and what a perfect song to help fuel it!
Blessings to you & yours!

June 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Much obliged for allowing me to share my Father with you on this day. It really means a lot. SjP

June 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM
Anonymous  

this was a beautiful post and one of my favorite songs. i too am blessed to have a strong loving supportive father in my life and am so thankful. she has shaped me and my love for my brothers.

Luther on any song is a treasure but especially this one. last summer when my best friend go married, she danced with her father to this song. he broke down and cried during their dance and so did all the women in the house right after him.

June 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45