Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...a box full of kisses  

Posted by SjP in ,

A story of unconditional love...

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."
The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, "Don't you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They're all for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.

Author Unknown

On this day, be inspired to love those nearest and dearest to you, unconditionally.

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say.
~~SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, May 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

It's too earlier to cry, but this so sweet. Anyone who has kids just understand their amazing ability to lift you up no matter what the tragedy is.

May 18, 2008 at 10:41 AM
Anonymous  

This post made me sentimental and also brought out the realist in me. Not everyone is born into a family of unconditional love. Daily there are children suffering from neglect and abuse. I know that until I had my own children I never knew what unconditional love is.
Each day when I hold them and kiss them ( one time to many according to them) they give comfort to my soul. I have learned so much from them. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for them. I never would have known what it means to love and truly be loved if I had not had them

May 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Mrs. G & Renee, it is truly amazing that our children love us no matter what - unconditionally. They forgive us no matter what we may have done. They forgive 70 times 7 and more! They are truly gifts from our Lord. Much obliged for stopping by on this first Sunday Inspirations! SjP

May 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM

My child is graduating from 6th grade next week...you would think that he would be too grown for kisses and hugs but he's not. Even in front of his friends, he passes out the love earnestly and freely...I love that so much about him. This story makes me cry because I realize how much I love that boy of mine, and everyday I make sure that I hug him and kiss him and tell him so...

May 18, 2008 at 12:43 PM

SjP

I am a grandmommie who knows what it is like to loose a little one. My first born is an angel at the throne.

This piece is a great reminder to everyone that life is short and oh so very precious!

I really enjoyed reading this piece. It is just perfect for my mood today.

Thanks for posting it!
lol
Ms. Lady Deborah

May 18, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Ms M, oh how I envy you! My girls are almost grown (or least they think so) and for me to get a hug out of them is like pulling teeth! But, when I do get that kiss and hug, its always lifts my heart.

Happy graduation! My youngest is about to graduate from high school in a few days...MY BABY! MY BABY! She hates that...but hey, that's MY BABY!

Much obliged for dropping by on Sunday Inspirations!

SjP

May 18, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Ms Lady D, congrats on being a Granny. I pray someday that my girls honor me with grandchildren in a few years...

I simply can't imagine what it must be like to loose a child - my heart certainly goes out to you. This story is a reminder to me to cherish each and every moment that I am blessed with having mine within my midst. Very much obliged for sharing!

SjP

May 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM

That was so touching. God bless

May 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM

that was really touching wow


loved it

May 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Hagar's Daughter & Fresh&Fab - much obliged! I hope you will be inspired to participate in next week's Sunday Inspirations, too. SjP

May 18, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45