Sojourner's Place

the other dream team match-up  

Posted by SjP in

I've been so caught up with the Democratic Primary that I've paid little to no attention to what's been going on with NBA Championship. Now, I must admit that I'm not a real die-hard NBA fan (always ready for some football) but I do enjoy watching the Finals particularly when I like one of the teams or at least one or two of the players. Even it will be the Fourth of July before this year's Champion is crowned.

Just in case anyone missed it, the NBA Finals kicked off tonight. The much awaited for match-up between Kobe and Kevin is finally here. I'm so glad to see Kevin in the Finals that I don't even mind wanting the Celtics to win this one. What about Kobe, the Lakers, and Phil? Never liked Kobe (even before Colorado) and only liked the Lakers when there was Shaq, Magic, and yes even the Worm. Phil and the triangle offense, well that's all good - but, I got to go with Doc for this series.

Don't get me wrong! Kobe has much more than "game"! He's a phenomenal player and an amazing talent. Some even say he's better than Jordan. I didn't say that but some do. But for me, his arrogance has always gotten in the his way as far back as his refusal to play for any team other than the Lakers. Kevin, on the other hand, has always shown a humble and giving spirit. Except of course, when the cameras catch him cussing real good during a game. He got much props from me when he became his sister's guardian taking on parenting responsibilities when he was just a kid himself - albeit a millionaire. That to me showed a real sense of what's important and a level of maturity that most 19 years old don't even dream about let alone have.

These Finals are slated to be one of the most exciting in the last couple of years. We can expect to see a whole lot of high-flying, alley-ooping, fabulous dunking. I know in my house, I will hear D*MN and OH S*IT as Kevin and Kobe put on a show to get that ring.

I got my money on the Celtics and 5. Any takers?

Holla Back!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, June 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

2 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

I'll do what I often did when I was a young girl growing up - root for the cutest boys and the best uniforms...lol

Shush be quiet don't let my older brother know, it use to drive him crazy!

Have a Flawless Weekend,

June 6, 2008 at 12:52 PM

I hear you VickiLynne - I still do that now...kind of gets under my Best Half's skin. But hey cute is cute! So something tells me that you're going for the Lakers this go round cause their uniforms are way flyer than the Celtics :>)!

SjP

June 7, 2008 at 12:28 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45