Sojourner's Place

sunday inspiration...facing the rising sun  

Posted by SjP in ,

This week, we've seen triumph against the odds. And while many will try to explain the whys and the wherefores, there can be only one explanation for what we all witnessed this week. God!

God is good all the time. All the time God is Good.
He is deserving of our praise and adoration.
He is in control and if God be with you,
who can be against you.

I've been so full since Tuesday - and since then, this hymn by James Weldon Johnson has been ringing in my head. I think its fitting for my Sunday Inspirations post this week. Through the years, it has inspired many to keep going. I've posted two renditions. After viewing, I think you'll understand why.

Maybe, just maybe the Victory will be Won!


From Mistermoita



Sung by PS22 Chorus

Holla Back!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, June 08, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

2 sojourners hollin' back

SJP,
Each Sunday we dismiss church service by reciting part of this song. I pray that generations to come will sing this song and remember the ones who came before as they continue the work for justice for all.

Have a blessed week.

June 8, 2008 at 8:43 AM

Very beautiful, SjP...

June 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45