Sojourner's Place

why come?  

Posted by SjP in , ,

I'm just trying to figure out some things and maybe ya'll can help me. So here are some SjP "Why Come?" questions for you:

Gas prices: The oil companies say that Americans need to stop using so much gas because we ain't got much left. They, and Missus Clinton, say its the private investors' fault for these high gas prices. So, if that's all true, Why come them folks at Exxon, Mobil, Shell make $40 billion in profits e'ery year and gas keep going up? Why come they got to make so much money?

Popular Vote Count: I heard somewhere that that young man, Obama won more states than Missus Clinton. Now, I know that some of them states was what they call caucus states and that they supposedly didn't really vote. Can't rightly say that I understand all that - but if that young man got more folks in more states to say they want him to be President of these United States of America than Missus Clinton did, Why come she keep saying she more people voted for her? Why come she don't she want to count them folks in them states that caucused?

Puerto Rico: Now, they tell me that them folks down there in Puerto Rico and that place they call Guam, been able to have a say in who gonna be the one the Democrats pick to run for President. But, they say they can't vote in November. If they can't vote in November, Why come they can vote now? And Why come how they vote so important?

Something else on them U.S. Territories: I been watching that CNN today, and they say that them more young mens and womens who live in them places like Puerto Rico and Guam, been going over to Iraq than them young mens and womens from the other states by comparison. I don't know if that true, but if it is and they U.S citizens, then Why come they can't vote for who gone send them send them over there to fight? Don't seem fair or right to me.

Women and the Vote: I done seen and read a whole lot about how so many womens want Missus Clinton to be the next President. I sho' did see a lot of womens yesterday supporting her while I was watching that meeting on TV. They got real mad and started yelling and screaming when that committee said what they was going to do with them two states that broke the rules. Seems like they been saying that Missus Clinton ain't been treated right cause she a woman and that women are mad at how they ain't been treating her right. Why come they keep saying that she been treated bad cause she a woman? Why come they keep saying that women are and gonna be mad cause she ain't gone win? I just don't understand all this. Wish somebody would ask me; ain't nobody asked me nothing! Why come they don't want to know what I think, AIN'T I A WOMAN?

Holla Back!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, June 01, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

The race between Clinton and Obama has cemented in my mind the reason to identify as a womanist and not a feminist. Mainstream feminism is only about advancing the desires of white women of a certain class and to hell with anyone else.

June 2, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Renee - You got that right!! SjP

June 2, 2008 at 3:29 AM

I agree with Renee. The mainstream feminist movement has left us behind and have no desire of coming back for us.

It's time we start making our own way!

June 2, 2008 at 10:25 AM
Anonymous  

excellent points. the american government, the greatest pimps in the world. the forefathers of pimpery if you ask me.

June 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

i couldnt have said it better

June 3, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Great questions!... Now if you can answer them maybe YOU should be president!!!!

June 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45