Sojourner's Place

old school friday...motown!  

Posted by SjP in

It's Friday and that means it's a the day for dancing, singing and remembering! This week's theme is MOTOWN! So in true SjP fashion, I'm bringing you a real Old School jam that takes me back to my childhood. This cut by the Marvellettes was my introduction to music, Motown, and partying in my Aunt's basement before the grown-folks sent us upstairs to go to bed. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Marvelettes and "Please Mr. Postman"
Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.


Want more OSF! Check out these sites:


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, August 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

Oh yes.
I had a lovely conversation with my postman yesterday.

I'm worried since he's in the National Reserves and will deploy in February for Iraq and his younger sister is in Afghanistan.

He is the best mail carrier I've had in all my mail receiving days.

Hope your day is full of joy.


I was surprised that one who has had my ear this week is on Motown.

Traveling down the road of lives.

You know the rest.

Danielle
Modern Musings

August 1, 2008 at 3:39 AM

I knew I could count on you to take us way back to good music, and you haven't disappointed. Love this song!

August 1, 2008 at 8:39 AM

I've heard this song played in my grandmother's house umpteen times and I still don't know the words. LOL But it does remind me of that commercial where you can get Motown's finest for $19.99. ;-)

Happy OSF!!

August 1, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Happy OSF!!
Great pick! Classic! Someone else also featured this song.
Motown Women were classy!

August 1, 2008 at 2:26 PM

This little ditty moves you...

Great pick!

Happy OSF!

August 1, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Hey there!

Now see...THAT was when groups were so classy! There was not rump-shakin' and booty poppin' or any of that!

Talented sistas just brought the sass and the class!

Thanks for the memories!
Lisa

August 2, 2008 at 2:10 AM

Great pick, Believer1964 picked this song too. This is a great song to Karaoke.

Also, I will post my Sunday Inspiration tonight, so it will be up early for Sunday. My friend has her family reunion this weekend so I will be in and out...

August 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45