Sojourner's Place

so glad its so, joe!  

Posted by SjP in ,

Broke this story last night. Now its official. Got my text message and everybody's reporting it now! CNN, Faux News, and Associated Press are confirming reports from Democratic sources that Obama has chosen Joe Biden as his running mate.

Boy! Ain't it just like a Brother to keep you waiting? Damn, Barack! We been waitin' all day and half the night for you to tell us. But, I ain't mad at you cause, I'm real happy that you picked my man from Delaware! I know that many folks will have a problem with Joe Biden, cause he does come with a certain amount of baggage.

Many can't forget the "clean and articulate" remark assuming that it was an illustration of some racial issue he may harbor. And the plagiarism charge will no doubt haunt him throughout the campaign as it did when he ran for POTUS in 1988 against Dukakis. But, I really believe that the "articulate" remark was an "open mouth insert foot" (Joe, you gotta watch that foot, though). The plagiarism - well, that was really just crap - and given the fact that we've already gone down that road during this campaign season, that is just water under the damn.

Biden understands that Roe v Wade is less about pro-life or choice but rather the fundamental reaffirmation of our RIGHT TO PRIVACY as American citizens. He recognizes that having a law degree or having served on a bench does not a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE MAKE. And he is the right addition on the Obama ticket in the area of Foreign Affairs and Homeland Security.

He is, in my opinion, a straight-shooter who never fails to speak his mind and calling bulls*it by its rightful name...BULLS*IT! Don't mind saying it here - in fact, I think I've probably said it before - Biden was my first choice in this race for the White House. So, I real glad its so, Joe!




Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, August 23, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

8 sojourners hollin' back

now we will have to wait and see what happens

August 23, 2008 at 1:14 PM

I think this was a very well thought out and an extremely good choice!
Nice choice/decision "Mr. President"...

August 23, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Anonymous  

Glad it's not Hilary. The republicans were licking their chops waiting on that one. NOT!

August 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Now...things will start to "heat up" a bit. Time will definitely tell us what McCain has cooking.

August 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Hi SjP! I hope that all is well with you.

I'm was hoping all along that it would be Biden, but I didn't think that it would be...so I'm glad that it is. (confused?, lol)

After all of the low life names and accusations that the Clinton's called and made towards Obama, I knew that he wouldn't pick her. Having a Clinton beneath him would have been like laying on a bed of nails.

August 23, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I think the two compliment each other very well and can be a winning combination. I like Biden, always have. He, like Obama, is intelligent, articulate and gutsy.

August 23, 2008 at 11:24 PM

So glad it's Joe. I wrote about my pick a week ago making my case for him. Even when he made the "clean, articulate . . ." gaffe, I defended Biden because anybody who knows him know his heart was in the right place. His mouth is another story . . .but that's why I love him.

August 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Anonymous  

My computer has been in the shop. Sorry it's been a while since I've stopped in to visit.

I agree that Biden is a good choice.

August 25, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45