Sojourner's Place

old school friday...fight songs for obama  

Posted by SjP in ,

It's Friday! And that means its time to do some finger popping and head swaying as we go way back with some real old school music. With just four days before the election, it is fitting that this week's theme is Fight Song for Your Candidate. Regular Sojourners know that I do like a little funk - takes me back to my college days waaaayyyyy back in the 70s where platform shoes, Nik Niks, and AfroSheen were the staples of the day.

WHAT TIME IS IT! IT'S NATION TIME! Come on and join me today on the Mothership Connection cause we about to embark on One Nation Under the Groove with Parliament and the Funkadelic!



Don't forget Nov. 3!

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info. Want more OSF! Check out these sites:

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...


~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP









Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, October 31, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

One Nation was the jam! That needs to be Obama's theme song at the inauguration. ;-P

October 31, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Girl you are about to get me in TROUBLE. I did a whole long post one Monday full of just some nasty, sweaty FUNKING. I LOVE IT!

Very nice choices soror. Happy OSF!

October 31, 2008 at 9:57 AM

You keep taking me BACK to some places I don't need to go! This was my group! I wanted to go with Chocolate City myself, but....

October 31, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Funk - gotta have that funk! Wicked and saucy pick. Everyone would certainly be jamming that's for sure.

October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

LOL! Great pick! One Nation was the jam of the decade!!

October 31, 2008 at 2:12 PM

What's up CC? They call it the White House but that is just a temporary condition! (Who's a Funkadelic/I'm a Funkadelic)

Sjp,

You know what time it is. I'm praying on Monday, keeping watch on Tuesday and anticipating the partay on Wednesday.

Excellent choices!
Happy Fall Back Weekend to ya!
And Happy Old School Friday to you!

October 31, 2008 at 6:44 PM

::singing::

"If you hear any noise..."

GIRL YOU BETTA STOP!!!

I am getting my groove on over here!!!

October 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45