Sojourner's Place

thursday thirteen: where all my brothas at?  

Posted by SjP in ,

Thursday Thirteen is a fun meme revitalized by Danielle Vyas of ModernMusings.com. The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday.


This week at SjP's, Thursday 13s comes from an idea I got after visiting Raw Dawg Buffalo's "Riddle Me This #7" post. Now if you ain't already read it, I urge you to do so - but with a warning label cause this one ain't for the faint of heart or anyone with a prudish spirit. (lol) Anyway, one of his seven riddles was: Why does it seem that 8 of 10 white bloggers are male, but 8 of 10 black bloggers are female?

Got me to thinking, and I'm pretty sure that he's right on on this one as most of the bloggers on my personal roll are in fact women. So, here's a shout out to all the Brothers out there in the blogosphere to drop your link in the comments. Let's see just how many of y'all are really out there.

Here's the first 13 in no particular order.







Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, October 30, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

Another Brutha' in the HOUSE!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:29 AM

i love how you keep the community flowing. Now I can check these brothers out on the net.

October 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM

thanks 4 the luv folk

October 30, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Anonymous  

I just decided to send out link love everyday. Links is the quickest way to get recognize and to move up in the blogsphere.

October 30, 2008 at 1:05 PM

We must really run in the same circles, cause I'm familiar with all these blogs; though 11 and 13 just recently.

Thanks for including me in your list.

I'm pretty sure 8 out of 10 is a little high; but there are probably more Black female bloggers for the same reasons there is a pretty strong disparity in Black females vs males going to college.

Now as for white women not blogging as much, I have no ideal. Other than a few specific white bloggers; I don't deally dally in their world too much. I get to hear white people on the issues on t.v. all day, and in mainstream internet newspaper articles I read.

October 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Alright for the brothas!

Great Post SjP.

October 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I check every one of these blogs everyday.

October 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45