Got some things on my mind tonight, that I just feel like sharing, rambling, or ranting about. So here goes:
1. Barack's maternal grandmother is gravely ill. As a result, he has suspended all campaign appearances for Thursday and Friday of this week to be with her in Hawaii. Remember he and his family in your prayers as he is no doubt facing a very difficult and personal time in his life. "Thy will be done...Amen".
2. Much Obliged Pjazzypar for honoring SjP's with a Brilliant Weblog Award! The award has been place proudly and humbly in the sidebar.
3. The new "terms and phrases of endearment": liberal; socialist; pallin' around with terrorist; not one of us; American values; elitist; declining property values; sub-prime mortgage borrowers; and oh yeah...That One just to name a few.
4. I voted on Saturday as did My Best Half and the two young-SjPs. We're fortunate to live in an early voting state. Yobachi, of BlackPerspective.net, has been keeping a very close eye on what's going on across the nation as the voting has begun. Check him out. And a new sojourner to SjP's, RevvyRev, left some very important information about the reasons to vote early. You can read his comment here.
5. Colin Powell is not the only Republican or McCain supporter to break ranks or announce their disappointment with the McCain/Palin ticket. Even Michelle Malkin is jumping ship. Don't believe me, check it out here. Much obliged RevvyRev for dropping this dime.
6. Rush Limbaugh is an a Simple Simon A$$ Mutha F*cka! (I just love that line from American Gangster and it seemed a perfect time to use it here)
7. Saw the Ice Queen on SNL (why'd she do that?) and listened to her today. I say we need to find out who she be pallin around with cause she got a little too much rhythm to be from Alaska and when the last time you heard somebody who ain't Black talk about "calling somebody out". I'm just saying that maybe she know more about Black folk than she letting on...
8. Now we know why it the Ice Queen had to go to 5 different universities to get a degree and Lt. Dan graduate 5th from the bottom from Annapolis. How do you include 40% of unemployed Americans in the 95% of employed Americans for whom Obama's tax break is targeted? Must be a return to the new math taught back in the day.
9. Isn't the photo for this post amazing. It a self-portrait of Ash entitled "Pop". I'd be much obliged if Ash allows me to continue to use it when I have "Some Things on My Mind". Please check her site out. Its truly amazing and soul-stirring.
10. Who gives a shyt about Joe the Plumber? He don't represent me and my uppity-negroid-huxtable-type family. Oh, my bad! I guess that's the point....
11. Since I have never voted for a Republican nominee for president (yes, I voted for a second term of Jimmy Carter), why would anybody think I'd vote for one now? Hey! I'm just asking..
12. 150,000,000 dollars in one month!
13. 100,000 in St. Louis to see Obama!
14. 14 DAYS TO CHANGE!
Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~