Sojourner's Place

thursday thirteen...paul newman, rest in peace  

Posted by SjP in

Paul Newman, 83, passed away Saturday, September 27, 2008. I remember going to the movies with my parents to see his movies. Obviously, too young to know exactly what was really going on, I knew that there was something very special about the man on the screen with those steel blue eyes.

In remembering a consummate and humanitarian, this Thursday Thirteen post is dedicated to Paul Newman and the top 13+1 movies in which he starred.


The Verdict

The Color of Money

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

The Hustler

Mr. & Mrs. Bridge

The Sting

Hud

Somebody Up There Likes Me

Cool Hand Luke

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Nobody's Fool

Slap Shot

The Sweet Bird of Youth

**Extra: The Long Hot Summer (my personal favorite)

Rest in Peace


Source


Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, October 02, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

5 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

The Long Hot Summer and Cool Hand Luke are two of my favs. He was such a handsome gent and a true humanitarian.

October 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM

What I loved about Mr. Newman is that he never allowed his beauty to be who and what he was about...

It was amazing to watch him on the screen, and it almost confused you...you didn't know whether to just gaze at his gorgeousness or to pay attention to his incredible acting...

I have watched my favorite movies of his (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is my absolute fave...he and Liz are HOT!!) over and over again and just get caught up in them...

October 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Paul Newman was an amazing presence on screen! He definitely is on my top list of actors.

He left us with a wonderful body of films to remember him by.

October 2, 2008 at 10:35 PM

@ Taluazoeapple, I loved all the movies that he played in with his wife Joanne. So much chemistry there! And who could ever forget that infamous line in CHL - "what we have here is a failure to communicate". I love that line!

@ Marva, I hear you on that with a high five! Yes, even back in the day CoaHTR was really hot! You know, I like Terrence Howard but...

@ Deborah, yes he did leave us with a wonderful body to watch on screen - and his films were none to shabby either.:>) I say that out of shear admiration!

October 2, 2008 at 11:15 PM

My favorite Paul Newman movie is Cool Hand Luke.

I concur with all of the accolades posted about his work as an artist and his humanitarian endeavors.

He will be missed.

October 5, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45