1. It's been months since I've "seen" Danielle Vyas of Modern Musings. Danielle was very involved in the Am I Not Human? and LaVena Johnson campaigns and she was always a regular on OSFs. Anybody know where she at? I've dropped emails and comments, but I've heard nothing since September...
3. What's up with Proposition 8? Back in June, I asked the question: Is Gay Marriage the Right Fight for African Americans? Since the passage of Prop 8 there has been much debate about the role African Americans had on its passing. Although, I have some issues with gay rights activists comparing their situation to those of African Americans, I do believe that individuals should not be discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. There must be equal protection under the law. So, having said that, it is my personal belief that when two single people of any sexual orientation enter into a long-term relationship that they should not be penalized because they are not "married".
4. What goes on in a home that results in an 8 year old killing two people including his father? Was it an accident? Was it premeditated? Doesn't matter "what" it "was" it only matters "that" it happened and there should be great concern and alarm as to "why" an 8 year old would or could do such a thing?
5. Wolf Blitzer asked Sarah Palin during an interview tonight if she had any advice for Michelle Obama on child-rearing in the White House. Excuse me? Since when did Sarah Palin become the cover girl for Parent's Magazine and why would anyone think that Michelle Obama would NEED to take any advice from her? PLEASE!!!
6. Anybody out there watch 48 Hours on A&E? If you do, you know that Memphis Homicide Sgt. Caroline Mason ain't no joke! But, tell me why they have to go all up in "girl friend's" house last night taking pictures of her walk-in closet full of Gucci, Louie, and every other "ouie". That just wasn't right!
7. ITS ALL THE KIDS FAULT! Seems that there's at least one Red Cross official is blaming the children for the second Haitian school collapsing in less than a week. You see, according to the official, children dancing and jumping in a musical...caused the building to partially collapse on its foundation. That's right blame it on the kids cause heaven forbid if we blame it on the folks who built the death traps in the first place!
8. Nineteen days ago Troy Davis received a 25 day stay of execution. There is still time, and if you are so inclined, to appeal to he state of Georgia to do the responsible thing and prevent the execution of Troy Davis. You can write a letter to the editor calling on Georgia to stop the execution of Troy Davis or call on the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles to reconsider its previous decision and grant clemency to Troy Davis.
9. Nine days ago, history was made!
Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...