Sojourner's Place

the ivy (soror) behind the wheel  

Posted by SjP in ,


Many of my regular visitors know that I occasionally throw up a "pinkie" along with a "skee-wee shout out" from time to time. Being a real old school AKA, I hesitate to post anything here at SjP's of my beloved Alpha Kappa Alpha because I've read too many disparaging remarks and commentary about Black Greek-Letter. Frankly - and a word to the wise - this ain't that kind of spot! But, I just couldn't resist posting this one.

Well it seems that one of my Sorors got a tad bit distracted while on Chicago's Lake Shore Drive the other day. You see, the soon to be AKA Honey-Do, President-Elect Barack Obama's motorcade was passing one by of my Sorors on the Drive.


Not wanting to let such an historical and momentous occasion, my Soror did want any good AKA would do and that was to document the moment with a phone call about and snapping a picture of the passing motorcade. Of course, we are known for our outstanding multi-tasking abilities; and this was no different. Except for one very important thing. My Soror was also driving! As a result, she almost crashed into another car!

Now Sorors, we are all very excited and overjoyed that Michelle Obama will soon be the second First Lady to don those beautiful 20 pearls. But, none of us like attending Ivy Beyond the Wall Ceremonies and we must certainly make sure that sure that nothing happens to future AKA Honey-even if one of them is the President of the United States! You else is going to take out the trash! Gotta keep this serious matter in the right perspective cause you know how we are!


Skee-wee and pinkies up!


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP



Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, December 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

8 sojourners hollin' back

I went thru that list but I am missing who the first 1st lady AKA was.

December 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM

@ Clnmike, Eleanor Roosevelt was the first.

December 18, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Really?

Did not know that.

December 18, 2008 at 3:23 PM

@ SjP - Really? Me neither.

December 19, 2008 at 1:20 AM

@ ClnMike & UGJohn, for really...for true (smile)...

December 19, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Changing subjects a bit (sorry)...I wonder what do SJP readers make of the behaviour of the Church of Enland in this case:

http://www.grumpyoldsod.com/wanker%20of%20the%20week.asp

...should they ask of themselves: "What would Jesus do?"

Ba Humbug :-)

Robin

December 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Just passing through to say Skee-wee!

December 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I learned something new today. I never knew that Eleanor Roosevelt was AKA. That is an interesting piece of trivia!

And Michelle is going to represent quite nicely.

December 23, 2008 at 6:07 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45