Sojourner's Place

old school friday...way back in the day!  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and having a partay in the blogosphere! This week's theme - the first of 2009 - is "Bloggers' Choice". So, I've decided to post two Old School hits that really take me back to my childhood. When I was a kid, my Aunt would always have the latest 45 and these two are the best. Some of y'all I know are expecting Frankie over here - but - SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I'm doing Gladys and the Marvalettes! Enjoy!




Gladys Knight & the Pips




The Marvalettes




Bet I surprised you with that one by Gene Chandler!!! LOL!!

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme.
Click here for more info and join the fun.


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP






Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, January 02, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

SjP, You done went way, way, way back in the day to our grade school daze! Duke of Earl? the Marvalettes - Mr. Postman? And you stumped me with Gladys! I don't get stumped often. You've got me reminiscing about those days with my sharkskin irridescent pants, knit or banlon shirts, and quo vadis hair cut. Wow!

January 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

QUO VADIS HAIR CUT!!! LOLOL!!! I haven't heard that in years!

The Gladys cut is really my first mememory of pop music. I still love it! ::hey, hey, hey, who yes he did::

January 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Hey... I have that exact same turn-table in my storage unit - still has the stckers on it.
It's funny that we consider "Old School" our parent's music. My nephews call the '80's old school.

January 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM

@UBJ, that turn table may be worth some money and with the economy being the way it is, well... you know...

80s old school? I guess... LOL

January 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Awesome picks! The Duke was just too smooth!!

January 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Hi SjP! {waves}

I am not familiar with the Marvelettes....but I do remember that my parents dug Gladys "Midnight Train To Georgia" and "Neither One of Us"...

I love the O.S.F.meme because half of the time, I haven't been exposed to the tracks that are being presented while everyone else is cruising down memory lane! *LOL*

{smiles}

Lisa

January 7, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45