Sojourner's Place

happy new year...much obliged and paying forward!  

Posted by SjP in , ,

It is hard to believe that one year ago today, January 1, 2008, the doors of Sojourner's Place opened officially with a post entitled, Being Black in the Workplace. It was hard going there for a while, as I had no idea back then for what I was doing. But, something wonderful has happened and not SjP's has become an integral part of my life!

Today, 378 posts later, Sojourner's Place a rank of #65 on Villager's Black Blog Rankings for December 2008 out of 1516 blogs; a 1001 Technorati blog reactions and a rank somewhere between 119 - 130 (provided Technorati's system is working correctly); a recipient of 20 awards, recognitions, and honors. I am very proud to have been nominated for and received 2009 Black Web Best Commenter Award, it really does pale next to the first awards received. The first from Ms. Marva of The Marvalus View, the Rose Award and the second, from Yobachie of BlackPerspective.Net, the E for Excellent Award. And, I will be forever humbled with two of my posts being recognized and found worthy of two awards. The first, Saggin' Pants, was presented the Rising Blogger Award from Mimi Lenox of Mimi Writes. My favorite post and most personally profound, Crossing To A Destination Yet Unknown, was recently recognized as one of the best posts of 2008 by The Best Post of the Week blog.

So when a milestone is reached in the life of Sojourner's Place, The Emblem of the Helping Hand is passed along as my way of saying Much Obliged, Very Much Obliged to those who made it possible for ole SjP to keep on going. Therefore, I am passing on the first Emblems of 2009 and the 4th round of recipients from Sojourner's Place to the following spots because y'all give me the strength and encouragement to carry on and keep on telling the truth according to SjP!


The rules for displaying and passing on the emblem on, are found at the official Emblem of the Helping Hand blog. I encourage all Sojourners to visit the recent recipients of the Emblem and give them a congrats and a much obliged for all they do.

Congratulations to all new, past, and future recipients of the Emblem. Remember to pay it forward. And as always, Much Obliged...Very Much Obliged!

Past recipients of the Emblem passed on by Sojourner's Place:

June 29, 2008 Recipients
African American Opinion ~ Black Tennis Pro's ~ BlackPerspective ~ Electronic Village ~ MrsGrapevine.com ~ New Black Woman ~ on the black hand side ~ Regina's Family Seasons ~ The Black Factor ~ The Francis L. Holland Blog ~ The Marvalus View ~ Black On Campus ~ BLACK WOMEN, BLOW THE TRUMPET! ~ Coffee Stained News's Weblog ~ FROM MY BROWN EYED VIEW ~ HAGAR'S DAUGHTERS ~ Notes of This Native Son ~ THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD TRIBAL ALLIANCE.

October 18, 2008 Recipients

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, January 01, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

Happy New Year Sojourner! Thanks so much for my award. I will display it proudly.

Be Blessed!

Pamella

January 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Happy New Year, SjP!

You have quickly become an inspiration to me...and I thank you for all the work and love that you put into this space.

Blessings to you!

January 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Happy Blogversary SjP! Keep up the fantastic work that you do so well. I love it here.

January 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Hello there!!

Congratulations on your 1st year anniversary!!

You are really raising the bar in the blogosphere!

Congratulations to all of the blogs that have received the award!

As the new year begins, I'd like to share a word of advice and encouragement from a Great Friend of mine:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
~ God

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

*Book of Isaiah 43:18-19

January 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I am honored and humbled by this! Thank you so much. I know how you have blessed others but I also want you to know that you have been a great inspiration to me personally.
This is a quite prestigious award. I will display it proudly and continue to uphold the ideals and spirit behind the award. May you continue to be blessed and highly favored.

January 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM

It's always nice when the big dogs (you) recognize the little dogs (me).
Thank you and Happy New Year.

January 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM

@ Pamella, much obliged to you! You are certainly a source of encouragement to me and others. Keep your light shining!

@ Marva, inspiration me? Not me - but you!

@ HG, Much obliged to you...I'm trying...

@ Lisa, He is a wonderful and mutual Friend...much obliged for the blessing.

@ Revvy Rev, I don't know about the award being prestigious but it is from my heart. You're support and encouragement helps and inspires me. Much obliged!

@ UBJohn, LOL..."big dog"... I wish... I'm just trying to be the best me I can be... You're very welcome and you have a good new year, too!

January 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM
Anonymous  

Happy New Year Sojourner!!

Thank you for honoring my efforts to make a difference. As evidenced by the plethora of awards you've received, what you do inspires so many of us to do what we do.

As a sign of respect, I tip my hat to you.

Manchild

January 7, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Happy New Year SJP!

January 7, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45