Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...please carry us in your arms  

Posted by SjP in ,

I have recently learned of the "home-going" of a Soror, a child of college friends, a spouse of a former colleague. Although my heart, and certainly the hearts of everyone who knew these fine and wonderful individuals, are heavy - I've learned not to question God's Will. I know that both life and death are part of His Plan. A plan that is perfect, as God does not make any mistakes. In acknowledgement of His Perfect Wisdom, I can only pray that He continues to carry us all through times such as these.

To my Sorors, my Friends, and my Colleague, let us all remember that God never puts more on us than we can handle. Let us all remember that the footprints we see behind us are those of our Lord carrying us during this time of our bereavement.


Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints. Other times there were one set of footprints.This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,I could see only one set of footprints,so I said to the Lord,"You promised me, Lord, that if I followed You, You would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, When I have needed You most, You have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints is when I carried you." by Mary Stevenson(11/8/1922 -- 1/6/1999)

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, January 11, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

11 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

Amen to this SjP. I learned this lesson very well when my Grandma went home this past August. I know he's in control and we'll be just fine.

January 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM

I offer my prayers to your friend's family in their time of need. God has a plan for all of us and your post is an excellent reminder that His will be done...

peace, Villager

January 11, 2009 at 1:52 PM

My condolences to you and the lady's family.

January 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM

My prayers and condolences to your friends family. This is sometimes hard to understand but God does know what he is doing.
Thanks for the "Word" of the day.

January 11, 2009 at 3:40 PM

By the way I have an award for you

January 11, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Hello there SjP,

I am so sorry to hear of this news and I know that there are many who are in mourning but who understand that God is still on the throne.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

January 11, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Beautifully stated. I am so sorry for this loss. Peace to all who suffer.

January 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM

My prayers to you guys for your loss. We never truly understand His plan, but we learn to go on. In addition, we keep the memories of our loved ones near our hearts.

January 11, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Much obliged to all for your warm and kind words of comfort. I know that this too shall come to pass...

Much obliged, very much obliged.
SjP

January 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM

God has our back twenty four seven three sixty five. If he didn't we would definitely be in trouble.

We can endure all manner of things. When they first occur it doesn't seem like it. But we are blessed to make it on through.

January 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Thanksgiving for their lives have been spoken to God. And may Jesus comfort them that are still here to carry on.

We all have to learn daily to accept what God allows.
it is not always easy,but it can be done through Jesus.

We are but strangers here and to allow His love tomake us the best we were created to be a Good point to live for.

may the faithfulness of His Goodness be upon you and the grieving families lives.
One Day At A Time!

~Always Seeking To Encourage!
WTm

January 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45