Sojourner's Place

share the love  

Posted by SjP in , , , ,

It's been slow blogging over here at Sojourner's Place for the last couple of weeks. With the exception of the weekly memes, I really haven't had much time for writing posts that have been provocative enough for even me to read. But, today, I think I got back into the blog-swing of things and resumed writing and visiting a few of my favorite and a couple of new blogs.

As always, I stopped by Regina's Family Seasons to read her Tuesday Guest Post and to thank her for dropping by SjP's for Wordless Wednesday. She's been busy moving so I was glad to see that she was now finding some time to inspire. In scrolling through, I saw her post entitled "Share the Love". Regina received this much deserved award from a dear friend of hers. And in passing it on, she humbled Sojourner's Place as one of the recipients.

The "Sharing The Love "Award, was created by Blogger Crystal at "Memoirs Of A Mommy" blog, in honor of donor who saved her one month old's life a year ago. Cyrstal's son Noah celebrated his first birthday this week thanks to someone you final gift was the gift of life.

In Crystal's own words, here are the rules of the Share the Love Award:

“Share this award with all those blogs out there that you love. All the people who make you smile. All those that make you laugh. All those that make your day. All those that leave uplifting comments on your blog.

**All I ask, is that you include a link to this post with the award and ask your recipient to do the same**

As you may have recently seen on my side bar, I have finally created a custom blog award!! I have wanted to do this for a long time but never came up with something that “fit”. I didn’t want just anything. It had
to be something that meant something to me. And what could mean more than Sharing the Love by giving you pieces of my heart??

So I created this award in Honor Of The Donor That Saved Noah’s Life. I share this award with those of you whose love and friendship have enriched my life and made my world a better place.I hope by passing this award around the blogging world we can all help raise awareness of the need for Organ Donation.”

Much obliged, Regina! Very much obliged. I dedicate this Share the Love Award to the memory of a very special childhood friend who was taken from our midst a few years ago. A loving and gentle soul, my friend had one of the biggest and giving hearts of anyone I have ever known. So giving was her heart, her last and final gift was the gift of life. She was an organ donor.

So in memory of my friend, I am sharing the love with:

From My Brown Eyed View
New Black Woman
Modern Musings
Don't Color Me
Coffee Stained News
Black Perspective.net
Beautiful, Also, Are the Souls of Black Sisters
Black Tennis Pros
Black Women Blow the Trumpet
Hagar's Daughters

There are so many more of you who have inspired and shared your love with me - and many of you also received this award from Regina. And to all of you, I say Much Obliged! Very Much Obliged!

Regina Passed the Share the Love Award on to:

You Better Recognize
The Marvalus View
The World Through The Eyes Of Me
Talk ...To ...Grams!
Songs In The Key Of Life
Sit With Me Awhile
ShAe-ShAe's Blog
Random Thoughts
Not before 7
My Three Wisemans
My Chaos My Bliss
Mrs. Grapevine
Miscellaneous Matters
Maki Meji
Lisa C Writes
Gill's Jottings
Free To Fly
Five Dollar Shake
Days Like These!
Chocol8t Diaries
Character Corner
Lifesong
HealthNut WannaBe Mom

Holla Back!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner's Place ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, June 12, 2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

12 sojourners hollin' back

Thank you so much for Sharing the Love and passing it on. I LOVE that you did it honor of your friend who also gave the gift of life to so many. What a touching tribute. THANK YOU!!

June 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I feel so honored to have been included in this award.

May we all continue to cultivate and spread love. It is all we need after all.


Have a great weekend.

Danielle

June 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Anonymous  

Thanks for Sharing the Love.

I really accept this in honor and I hope everyone thinks about becoming an Organ Donor...I decided to become one decades ago, I hope everyone will join us!

June 13, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Hello there! {waves}

Wow. Thank you so kindly.

I greatly appreciate you for this wonderful gesture of love....how touching that you have honored your friend!

Your love and appreciation has reached my heart across the states and across so many miles...I richly thank you for the love.

Jesus said: they will know you by your love.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

June 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM
Anonymous  

Thanks a bunch, I love awards!!!

June 13, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Thank you for sharing the love with me SjP. I am always pleased and humbled when thought about in this way. I honestly appreciate it.

I'm going to post it today! Have a great weekend.

~~Shelia

June 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I am indeed humbled for this award. Thank you so much for thinking of me and as well enriching so many of our lives with your thoughts and expressions...ONELOVE..IRIE

June 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Crystal - it is indeed an honor to be a recipient of this award created by you in honor of life. I am deeply humbled.
____________________

Danielle, Coffeestained, Iriegal, Sheila, Mrs. G, & Lisa - much obliged to all of you for sharing your love with me. Helps me keep going!

SjP

June 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Anonymous  

Sojourner, I too am very much humbled for your bestowing this award on me.

I enjoy your blog and learn so much from you, as I will also learn from the bloggers you acknowledged.

Yours always in the struggle.

Peace.

June 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Keep up the good work SJP, I really like what you're doing here.

Also, if you just need some content when you don't have time to write, you're welcome to crib a post from me if it suits you, as long as you link back :)

June 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Ann - much obliged for your very kind words. When I started blogging, yours was one of the first blogs I came upon. It impressed me greatly and have only recently gotten up the "courage" to leave comments on a blog that influenced me so much. So,you see yours is a blog that is very near and dear to me...been watching and learning from you since January!
__________________________

Yobachi, your kind words mean so much. You help me keep going. I know that I can alway guage how I'm doing by what you say here. So, offering one or two of your masterpieces to appear @ SjP's...well what can I say? Much obliged and will do!

SjP

June 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM

@ John, much obliged for visiting SjP's and for commenting on this post. Please, don't be a stranger.

Unfortunately, however, your most recent comment was removed as it is an advertisement of sorts. In the future if you wish to advertise here please contact me via email to discuss the product to be advertised along with the appropriate fees to do so.

December 17, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45