Sojourner's Place

thursday thirteen: much obliged and paying forward  

Posted by SjP in , , ,

Much obliged to my blogging sister, Danielle Vyas of ModernMusings.com, for revitalizing this weekly meme called Thursday Thirteen. The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Danielle used this meme to recognize her
Twitter "friends and followers". I'm so glad to be among her "crew" and in fact, she was the first to begin to follow me on Twitter. Much obliged Danielle, still learning how to make Twitter work for me :>).

Anyway, the last couple of weeks have brought Sojourner's Place several blogging surprises including nominations for the
Black Blog and Black Weblog Awards, the recipient of a Rising Blogger Award for the Saggin' Pants post, moving up in Villagers BBR to 114 out of 1329 blogs, and reaching a Technorati Authority over 100! All this, and Monday (8/11) is my birthday! Whoopie!



So, in coming up with my Thursday Thirteen, I am passing on the second The Emblem of the Helping Hand to 13 bloggers who have shown Sojourner's Place much love and support. Much obliged y'all for all you do! Go here to find out more about the Emblem and how to display it on your site.

Much obliged to each and everyone of you! Couldn't do it without you!

  1. Adventures in Being
  2. Black Political Thought
  3. Ebony Report
  4. HicktownPress
  5. Mimi Writes
  6. ModernMusings.com
  7. Musings About A Muddled World
  8. Raw Dawg Buffalo
  9. SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
  10. The Synergistic Pen
  11. UltravioletUnderground
  12. What About Our Daughters?
  13. Womanist Musings




Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, August 07, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

How beautiful you are. Thank you so much. I had a great time with this when I did it regularly and am so glad to have a friend with me in the sea of TTers.

I hold gratitude for your resonating spirit.

Light and Love all the day long.....


Danielle
Modern Musings

August 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM
Anonymous  

*hugs* Love you Soror! This made me smile. Thank you!

August 8, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Anonymous  

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much soror and MUCH OBLIGED!

August 8, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this and I must say that I have learned a great deal from you too. You have raised my awareness on a lot of issues, including the AIDS epidemic. Continue doing your thing! Thanks for the award. As they say in Jamaica, "nuff respects!"

August 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Anonymous  

What a beautiful award and I am honored to receive it. How thoughtful of you to use Thursday Thirteen this way (I liked Danielle's Twitter idea as well) and will proudly display it in Bloggingham's trophy room. You really have something special here, Sojourner. I am a fan!

Thank you again. As you say, much obliged.

August 9, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Thanks for the shout-out SJP!

August 10, 2008 at 1:16 PM

did I mention I love the layout of your blog...one day when I grow up... I'm gonna have a cool spot just like yours!!! love ya!!

C.

August 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM

@ Danielle, what can I say? You are such a motivation and inspiration to me! Much obliged for thinking of me! Truely appreciate it!

@ Vivrant Thang & LennyG, I knew before I knew...just something about that vine! Pinkies up to you! Much obliged for letting me "lean on the Shield"!

@ Janet, "nuff respects". I like that! Many Hat-Tips and much obliges to you. You're awesome!

@ Mimi, no much obliged to you! To be recognized by someone as successful and noteworthy in the blogosphere is truely humbling.

@ AAW, no problem! You know how much I dig your spot!

@ C. S. Stone, oh you making me blush! But, you got a pretty cool site yourself. I dig it!

August 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Hey SjP,
much thanks for reaching out to us/our blog with the Helping Hand.
Blessings,
Adventures In Being

August 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45