Sojourner's Place

c'mon now? they can't stay here?  

Posted by SjP in ,


Blair House, the official guest house of the POTUS, is a complex larger than the White House. It is 70,000 square feet, has 114 bedrooms. 35 bathrooms, 4 kitchens, a flower shop, exercise room, and is right across the street from the White House. It is the facility where dignitaries and heads of state are housed when visiting the United States on official business.

So, all I want to know is "why come" the Obama's can't move in there before January 15 so they're kids can go to school? Who in this here entire world is more important - at this time in history - at this defining moment than President-Elect Barack Obama? And "why come" they saying it "ain't no room at the inn". I dunno...sound like a lie to me... Where my shoe!


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP



Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Tuesday, December 16, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

8 sojourners hollin' back

SjP, girl you're cracking me up! Where you shoe, teehee.

The Hubby asked the same thing: "Why come?" Does anyone have a believeable answer?

December 16, 2008 at 3:27 AM

Definitely a lie.

December 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM

thats a good question

December 16, 2008 at 3:50 PM

did you say 114 bedrooms ? as in Hotel ?

so they're booked up ? someone should examine the register and also audit the registrations and find out where they intend to house the President Elect - since they might be possibly overbooked. it's a common practice in the hostelry trade to walk vip's and overbooks to the closest like kind or better property that can accommodate them in like property quality.

this sounds like another version of the previous deadly white house travel game - "Travel Gate" remember Vince Foster

December 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Anonymous  

Hello friend! This is George Malik Abdul-Mahdi, your nutty Muslim friend. Remember how confused we were when we started blogging? Is life something, or what?

I feel great for you. You've really "blown up", which takes unique talent, because there's a LOT of talent out here. Fortunately, I also have had success at stating my mind (controversy and all).

I'm writing you because I'd like to know how to follow your Blog (along with the other two...well, you may not know about the other two Blogs).

Believe it or not, I just noticed that you're following my Blog. Of course, I was thrilled, and humbled, and being that we started out together, I want to return the favor. There's only one problem:

I'm not sure what constitutes the favor. In other words, I don't know what to do from here. I just somehow or another got your emblem on my site. By the way, if the stuff on my site is, well (LOL) a little "off" mainstream, I'll understand if you're cautious about my material (plenty of other folks are...as a matter of fact, I told the sisters and brothers in the AfroSpear not to include my Blog in contests, because critics could easily call the AfroSpear "racist and bigoted" by using my inclusion as an example.

Listen. It's obvious that you're big-time now...you just don't know how great (once again) that makes me feel. Isn't it something...we used to email each other asking how to do this, that, and the other. Now, look where God has taken us!

Anyway, my email is breathing_peace@msn.com

If you want me to follow your Blog (as I stated before, I have no idea what that means, but I'll return the favor, for you, and the other two...can't remember them now).

Keep up the great work!

George M

December 17, 2008 at 12:27 AM

@ Hagar's Daughter, haven't heard one yet...

@ Clnmike, sho' you right!

@ Empty Suit, agree 100%

@ RE, in addition, I was under the impression that there is always room for the dignitaries in major hotels in cases of emergencies. So, for there not t be room for the Obama's before January 15 at the White House guest house just seems a tad bit shady to me.

@ GEORGE!!! How are you! It has been a whirlwind year out here in the blogosphere. You are too kind and your words are so warm and greatly appreciated.

But, I don't know about being big time (lol). I continue to be amazed when I even get a comment on a post let alone recognition. Cant believe that anyone really considers this spot something of value.

You know that I would be greatly much obliged if you follow SjP's. The easiest way to begin following is to go here. I haven't activated the follow on the Emblem site - since I post only periodically there. But, I would really be much obliged if you would add your name and link there as one of the initial recipients of that award that was given truly from the bottom of my heart and a hole lot of appreciation. The "This Sojourner's Place 2" isn't on blogspot so that function isn't available. You can add other blogspot blogs you want to follow from your dashboad. You just have to add the URL after clicking the "Blogs I'm Following" tab.

In my humble opinion, The Underground, is a spot that makes us think and challenges us to action. "Off" mainstream? I don't know about that. You just speaking your truth as you see it. And for that you are to be commended and recognized. But, I do understand about contest and award inclusion - but, that won't stop me (unless you really want me to) from recognizing your brilliance here at SjP's (smile).

Much obliged - my good friend! Very much obliged!

December 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Everyone knows that Bush is still sore that his homie didn't win! Bad enough a "darkie" will be in the white house but now he is acting like he got rights!!! LOL!!
Whatever, it is not even that serious! I am SURE the Obama girls can take a note to school, written by their dad the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!

December 17, 2008 at 10:22 PM

@ Regina, "take a note to school, written by their dad the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!"... you certainly got a good point there!! LOL!!

December 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45