Sojourner's Place

i'm demanding a recount!  

Posted by SjP in , , ,

Yes! I'm demanding a recount! I just can't believe that Sojourner's Place was not only nominated but WON the 2009 Black Web Award in the Best Commentator category. Somebody pinch me! I'm over here feeling like Sally Feilds "you like me...you really like me"!

Words can not express how humbled I am with receiving this award. Y'all all know that I'm still pretty new at blogging, having launched my first official post on January 1 of this year. During that time, Sojourner's Place has gone threw a whole lot of looks and directions as I tried to find my voice - or as Villager says - my flow. I so appreciate your patience, continued support and encouragement. Much obliged, y'all! Very Much Obliged!

Special H/T to the Torrence, Raw Dawg Buffalo, for "droppin' the dime", or else I never would have known. I owe you big time!

Please make sure to send a shot of congrats to other 2009 recipients you might know, including:


Barack Obama.com - Most Important Site for Black America & Most Original Site
Black Women in Europe Blog - Best Black European Site
Black Blog Watch - Best Black Blog Directory
You Betta Recognize - Best Education
Raw Dawg Buffalo - Best Business & Political
Black Tennis Pros - Best Site for Athletes

And while the 2009 Black Web Award is truly an honor, it pales by comparison to the award recently received from Villager. Earlier this week, he bestowed on Sojourner's Place the "I Love Your Blog" Award. To be donned by you, Villager, as one of your "favorite blogs in the universe" is truly overwhelming. Cause, if SjP's could be even a tenth of what Electronic Village is, I will have died and gone to blog heaven. This recognition coming from you means more than I can ever express in mere words. You gotta know that you are my hero!

Between the "I Love Your Blog" and "Black Web" Awards, you gotta know that I have to share these blog blessings. So, this week-end I will be handing out some "Emblems of the Helping Hand" as my way of simply saying Much Obliged and Paying it Forward.

P.S. Did Barack kick butt tonight or what? "cool-cool/ super-cool/ real cool" Barack!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Wednesday, October 15, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

18 sojourners hollin' back

Congratulations SjP, no recount necessary, your insightful commentary can stand up well against others.

The funny part of this is, I found out that I had been nominated for this award by visiting your site, and I just found out that I won the award by visiting your site. Thank you for keeping me informed about my site, lol!

October 16, 2008 at 1:36 AM

yay sojourner! why WOULDN'T you win that award! lots of loud clapping all the way from canada!

October 16, 2008 at 1:57 AM
Anonymous  

Well congratulations, it is an award that is well deserved.

October 16, 2008 at 2:11 AM
Anonymous  

Congratulations Sister Sojourner! And thanks for letting me know that I won as well.

Hugs from Stockholm!

October 16, 2008 at 4:31 AM
Anonymous  

Congrats SjP!
I love your creative way of tellin' it like it is. Your hard work is definitely appreciated. :-)

Keep those truths coming.

October 16, 2008 at 5:15 AM

Congrats Sista SJP, you are definitely deserving! Great work

October 16, 2008 at 6:56 AM

Congrats, you deserve it.

October 16, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Well deserved. Congrats!

October 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM

::hand clapping::

Congratulations!!

You so deserve it!!!

October 16, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

You deserve it SjP!

So do the other bloggers who throw it down on a regular basis.

October 16, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Congrats SjP!

{dancing the cabbage patch, the running man, the snake, the camelot, and for the grand finale -a backflip and split}

Gurl I'm tired now; gettin' too old for this - LOL. Seriously, you do really good work here.

Keep the faith, sista.

October 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM

congrats and thanks for the love but i was talking about the ones on the electronic villager, the villager gave u lol

October 17, 2008 at 8:01 AM

To all, much obliged! 'preciate your votes of confidence here! Hope I can live up to the honor. I'm still in shock!

@ Sheila & BWiE, LOL! Always happy to be the bringer of good news! Congrats to you both! Y'all really deserve it!

@ HG, "back flip slip" LOL! Call the paramedics! I'm still on the floor!

@ Torrence, actually, it was because of you that I found out that I won. Saw your badge on your site and decided to check out the other winners. So, you see you really did deserve the h/t. Gotta give credit where credit is due! LOL! Congrats to you, too!

October 17, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Anonymous  

Congratulations on your awards -- that is very exciting and well deserved. I have only recently found your blog (you did a product review for my company Chesapeake Bay Gift Baskets earlier this month -- thank you very much!) and I love it -- I try not to miss visiting you at least once a day.

October 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM

@ Laura, So glad to meet you and for your warm words. Really appreciate it. I'm really glad you liked the review...much obliged! very much obliged!

October 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Congratulations young sista! It is truly remarkable to see how your blog has evolved over the past few months. You are setting the standard for many of us...

peace, Villager

October 19, 2008 at 8:36 AM

@ Villager, as always you are too kind. I'm particularly flattered by the "young" part (LOL). Much obliged! Very much obliged!

October 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Congratulations! Deserved, very much deserved. Keep doin' you thing!

October 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45