Sojourner's Place

what a day...what a day!  

Posted by SjP in , ,

Hail to the Chief - President Barack Hussein Obama!


The Oath

The Address (Parts 1 & 2)

I invite you to read the full text of President Barack Hussein Obama's Inaugrual Address over at Electronic Village.

And if you really want to get a good jolt, you'll want to check out the new White House website. The new website, complete with even a blog, which launched only minutes after the swearing in of our new President. Proof positive that this POTUS will "do things right away rather than in a little while" (Cardinal Lamberto/Pope John Paul the First, Godfather III).

** On a personal note, the young-SjP's High School Marching Band did real good as they passed by the President and First Lady during the parade. Of course I'm a little biased. LOL. But, I really lost it all over again when the Tuskegee Airmen and the "Rosa Parks" bus went pass...

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Tuesday, January 20, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

There are just no words for how absolutely incredible this day has been. I am so genuinely proud of President Obama and his family.

Never before have I looked at any prior inauguration and felt the inclusiveness as a citizen of this country. But that changed today.

At the same time, I love them from afar. I thought long and hard about going, I'm only about an hour away from D.C. But it is C-O-L-D. I like this view just fine.

January 20, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner.

Shelia's got it right. There really are no words for this. This is the first time in my life where I have watched literally everything that happened during the entire Inauguration Day. And in half an hour I'm gonna sit down and watch the coverage of the Balls, parties, etc.I wanna see it all..

January 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I am truly blessed to have lived to see today. I will have so much to share w/ my future children.

January 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Oh SjP...I have watched President Obama (I just love typing that, saying that, looking at it!) taking the oath over and over again and it makes me tear up every single time!

What a wonderful moment to be a part of! And like Keith, I'm right here in front of my TV, watching the Balls, parties, and whatever else I can soak up...

January 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

One of many great days in black history.

January 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Oh Happy Day!

January 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45